Care & Handling Tips
To guarantee a long life for your blades and to have a safe, efficient and fun grating experience, we have put together some care and handling tips for your consideration.
GRATING WITH MINIMAL EFFORT WITHOUT APPLYING ANY PRESSURE
- Due to the sharpness of the blades, food gently slides along the cutting surface to produce perfect results every time, with no effort.
- The sharp and precise edges of the teeth ensure that food does not stick or block.
- There is no need to apply any pressure while grating making the grating job easy and fun and minimizing the risk of getting hurt, by slipping off the blade when applying too much pressure.
HOW TO ZEST CITRUS FRUITS EASILY
- Take the citrus fruit in your hand. Turn the sharp blades towards the fruit and gently slide with the ultra-sharp blades (blades away from you) along the surface of the fruit while turning the fruit constantly.
- The grated food is then captured on the backside of the grater.
- To get the zest off the blades, simply tap the grater or use finger or a spoon to slide the grated food off.
DOSING & GRATING MADE EASY FOR KIDS
- Simply take the food in your hand, when grating cheese, place the block of cheese on the working space, then turn the grater around, the sharp blades away from you facing the food.
- Gently slide along with the ultra-sharp blades over the food. The grated food is then captured on the backside of the grater to allow for better metering.
- This method of grating ensures for instance that children do not come in contact with the sharp blades since the sharp blades are only facing towards the food and not the fingers.
- Particularly suitable for cheese, nuts, and citrus peel.
- Each Microplane product is equipped with a protective cover. Simply slide or snap in from one side the cover over the blades. Then when stored in a drawer or cabinet, the fingers are protected from the sharp blades when reaching for it.
- Having the cover over the blades, also ensures that the blades maintain sharpness over a longer period since it minimizes the contact with other tools.
FLEXIBLE, SECURE AND STABLE USAGE
- Each of our hand-held paddle graters are equipped with non-slip rubber feet. This allows you to safely maintain the proper angle whilst grating food as safe grating on trays, in bowls and on different surfaces.
- Better stability and comfort are guaranteed with the rubber foot.
CLEANING MADE EASY
- Straight after using the grater, tap off the food of the blades on a cutting board or any other working space.
- Then simply rinse under water and drip dry.
- This helps eliminating that food will dry onto the blade which will make it more difficult to clean later.
- All Microplane graters* are dishwasher safe.
- To ensure though that the blades stay sharp as long as possible, we do recommend washing them by hand.
- Please note that the protective covers that come with our products are not suitable for the dishwasher. Please always clean them by hand.
*Except our Master-Series that has walnut handles that need to be hand wash only (do not soak in water)